LIFE IS ABOUT MAKING A DIFFERENCE AND AN IMPACT
When I started Blossom & Berry 15 years ago, I did it because I wanted to spend my life with my children as they were growing up and because I had a deep realisation that parents are children’s first teachers. I understood for the first time how important early experiences and interactions are to infants and children in creating happy and healthy adults and a more connected and compassionate world. I wanted to make early early experiences for babies and children as loving as I could through teaching infant massage and yoga. Now 15 years on, the impact of my work is growing everyday and I want to reach and help more children and parents across the world.
I wrote down how I have helped make a difference to lives on this planet and it gave me the greatest joy. More than any money or status or fame. In a quiet and often unnoticeably way, lives have been enriched because of infant massage and Blossom & Berry.
Our Impact For Babies
- We help to give babies the best start in life throughout the first 1000 days by promoting the benefits of nurturing touch, massage and yoga and providing education on the importance of infant mental health and early brain development.
- We help support babies who have colic, constipation or congestion through gentle techniques.
- We help to encourage parents to respond to babies needs and help babies feel loved by providing positive interaction and respecting babies cues and language.
- We support the human rights of babies by encouraging positive interaction and responsive care.
- Baby massage supports the health and wellbeing of premature babies through gentle touch techniques such as kangaroo care.
- Infant massage creates an environment where babies can communicate, be heard, feel safe and cared for.
- We support, and increase awareness around, infant mental health and the emotional wellbeing of children.
Impact For Parents & Teachers
- We help parents feel bonded and connected to their babies and more confident in responding to babies cues and needs.
- We help parents understand the importance of infant mental health and their crucial role in helping babies emotional regulate and develop resilience.
- Baby massage can help to support parents with post natal depression.
- Prenatal classes can help parents mentally prepare for their baby’s arrival.
- We help form supportive communities for parents through our classes and our Love Creates Love groups across the world.
- We empower people from all kinds of backgrounds to teach the importance of nurturing touch, massage, yoga, love and connection and create successful businesses they love.
Impact Across The World
- Growing Babies: The Little Blossoms Project-Over 450 women each year receiving safe motherhood education and infant massage classes in Malawi. Women are being empowered with the knowledge of how to care for their babies to enhance their development in the first 1000 days of life.
- Creation of Little Blossoms Mother & Baby Hub-Pre school built to help to provide needed pre school education and adult literacy classes for parents and children in the community.
- Cup of Love Project-The Love Creates Love project in Botswana, helping to support parents and babies in the community.
- Supporting babies with Down Syndrome in Mexico with Red Down Mexico.
- Helping support mothers and babies in poverty in Mexico with Kilo de Ayuda.
- Offering bursary schemes to remove barriers for learning for students.
- Creating a network of over 400 teachers all promoting the benefits of nurturing touch, connection and love for babies.
- Helping inspire Blossom & Berry teachers to set up voluntary projects and give opportunities to give back and make an impact across the world.
- Using recycled and reusable packaging wherever possible and organic oils for practice.
So, if you ever doubt why you are teaching infant massage or doing anything in the world, remember what part you are playing in creating a more loving and compassionate society. Think of all the lives that are enriched because you are here.
Take a moment to think about the impact you have had on the world. You have made a difference to so many people’s lives already.
Keep making a difference.